Trip to Folkestone, Champagne Lighthouse, Coastal Park, Sandy Beaches, Cliff Hike, 17km, Sun 11 Jul
– Stroll through the pretty 19th century promenade on the cliffs high above the beach, and take the Zig Zag Path down the cliffs through caves and gardens.
– Enjoy glass of champagne and live music at the Lighthouse Champagne Bar and dine at the street food stalls on the Harbour Arm, a former rail terminal that extends several hundred metres out to sea.
– Head down the cobbled streets of the Creative Quarter to the performance spaces, shops, cafes, and live performances.
– Hike through the cliffs and beaches of the 300-acre East Cliff and Warren Country Park, past 3 of the remaining Napoleonic-era Martello towers, where you can go fossil hunting.
– Sunbathe on the sandy beach besides the life-sized bronze Folkestone Mermaid sculpture.
– Visit the impressive Battle of Britain Memorial, a large propeller-shaped monument with a seated pilot at the centre.
See details and book your place