DATE & TIME:
Saturday 2 October 2021 @ 08:25
Add to Google Calendar
Castle, Cathedral, Church, Cobbled streets, Countryside, Hike, Hills, History, Panoramic views, Park, River, Tower, Town, Villages, Animals
This amazing trip costs £34.00 . If you book at least 10 days early then there's a small discount.
This includes the well-organised trip with all of the logistics and route planned, 2-way transport, and some awesome travel buddies to make good friends.
EXTRA ACTIVITY COSTS:
There are no extra costs as we’re not going into the castle.
– Visit the historic market town of Arundel with its old High Street lined with ancient buildings and cathedral.
– See the picturesque medieval Arundel Castle, home to the Dukes of Norfolk and their ancestors for nearly 1,000 years.
– Explore the castle’s landscaped parkland with its Gothic Hiorne Tower and the stunning Swanbourne Lake.
– Follow the River Arun and hike up the South Downs chalk hills for breathtaking views.
– Hike through delightful little Sussex villages with thatched houses.
– See the only church in the UK that is part Catholic and part Protestant.
Wasabi sushi shop, Victoria Station
Map & directions: https://goo.gl/maps/K1fWoYfT6PkVyvfS9
# 8.25am – We’re meeting outside the Wasabi sushi shop inside Victoria rail station. It’s just by the ticket office. The address is: Wasabi, Unit 31, Victoria Station, Buckingham Palace Rd, London, SW1V 1JU. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/K1fWoYfT6PkVyvfS9
# 8.30am – We’ll leave the meeting point to board the train. You must arrive well before this time.
# 10.30am – We’ll arrive in Arundel, and we’ll begin our hike.
# 1.30pm – We’ll have a lunch break. Please bring a packed lunch.
# 6.10pm – We’ll take the train back to London.
# 7.45pm – We’ll arrive back at Victoria station in London.
– Check the Transport For London website (https://tfl.gov.uk) for details of any issues on the public transport network on this date, and use the journey planner to find the best way to arrive at our morning meeting point on time.
– This is an informal trip and you are free to go wherever you want. Just ensure that in the afternoon you arrive early to our meeting point to go back to London together.
– You are responsible for your personal safety and your belongings at all times.
– Details of our trip may be changed to ensure that our trip runs smoothly, so you should check this event description and the updates section regularly, before and during the trip.
– You should buy your own travel insurance.
– There are no refunds unless we cancel the trip, and places are non-transferable.
– As an organised group we can currently run day trips and hikes with up to 30 people.
– We are still required to follow the governments Covid restrictions and this currently means we must stay in groups of maximum 6 and we must maintain social distancing from others at all times. You are personally responsible so please stay aware of this. This applies at the stations, on the trains, and also when we're outside.
– So as you arrive at our meeting point in the morning, we'll separate you so you're waiting in groups of 6.
– You should follow social distancing rules on the train.
– Please bring and wear a face mask in the stations and on the trains, and bring your own hand sanitiser gel and use this regularly throughout the day.
WHAT TO BRING:
– CLOTHING: It's always good to be prepared so we'd recommend always wearing footwear that is comfortable and supportive and suitable for walking/hiking on all terrain. The weather can change so bring some extra warm layers, a waterproof jacket, a hat and sunglasses, and it can be helpful to carry it in a light bag or rucksack.
– FOOD & DRINK: Bring a large bottle of water, and for hikes you should bring a packed lunch as we may have lunch somewhere scenic and away from shops.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By purchasing a place on this trip and/or attending, you and each of your guests, as applicable, confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions. Click here to read these: https://ukexplorers.co.uk/terms/
COME WITH US:
Come with us as we go on another grand day out. It’s your chance to get out of London, enjoy a well-deserved break, discover this new place, see the famous and historic sights, try some local foods, take photos of your experiences, meet lots of wonderful guys and girls, and make some good friends. Book your place now to join us on a fantastic day out!
Places available - book now!
BOOK YOUR PLACE: