DATE & TIME:
Sunday 13 June 2021 @ 08:55
Add to Google Calendar
Church, Countryside, Hike, Hills, Panoramic views, River, Tower, Town, Villages, Waterfall
This amazing trip costs £23.00 . If you book at least 10 days early then there's a small discount.
This includes the well-organised trip with all of the logistics and route planned, 2-way transport, and some awesome travel buddies to make good friends.
EXTRA ACTIVITY COSTS:
No extra activity costs.
Come with us on this exciting 24km hike across Surrey’s magnificent woodlands, designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and part of The North Downs. We’ll journey through picturesque woodland, heathland and farmland. This is the countryside which inspired Charles Darwin and where he conducted experiments. Following the Greensand Way into the Greensand Ridge’s ancient woodlands and see drifts of bluebells and primroses, summer butterflies and woodland birds. Hiking to the beauty spot of Tillingbourne Waterfall on the slopes of Leith Hill and up to the top of Leith Hill, the highest peak in Surrey, and on top of which stands a majestic 18th century Gothic tower, whose summit is the highest point in South East England.
– Explore the Surrey Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
– See the breathtaking views across the North Downs.
– Take the trails through woodland, heathland and farmland.
– Follow the Greensand Way into the Greensand Ridge’s ancient woodlands and see drifts of bluebells and primroses, summer butterflies and woodland birds.
– Hike to the beauty spot of Tillingbourne Waterfall on the slopes of Leith Hill.
– Climb to the top of Leith Hill, the highest peak in Surrey and the second highest point in South East England (by just 3 metres).
– See the majestic 18th century Gothic Leith Hill tower, the highest point in South East England with magnificent views across 13 counties.
Wasabi sushi shop, Victoria Station
Map & directions: https://goo.gl/maps/K1fWoYfT6PkVyvfS9
# 8.55am – We’re meeting outside the Wasabi sushi shop inside Victoria rail station. It’s just by the ticket office. The address is: Wasabi, Unit 31, Victoria Station, Buckingham Palace Rd, London, SW1V 1JU. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/K1fWoYfT6PkVyvfS9
# 9am – We’ll leave the meeting point to board the train. You must arrive well before this time.
# 10.20am – We’ll arrive in Dorking, and we’ll begin our hike.
# 1.30pm – We’ll have a lunch break at the top of Leith Hill. Please bring a packed lunch.
# 2.15pm – We’ll continue our hike.
# 6.15pm – We’ll arrive at Dorking station.
# 6.32pm – Train departs.
# 7.32pm – We’ll arrive back at Victoria station in London.
– Check the Transport For London website (https://tfl.gov.uk) for details of any issues on the public transport network on this date, and use the journey planner to find the best way to arrive at our morning meeting point on time.
– This is an informal trip and you are free to go wherever you want. Just ensure that in the afternoon you arrive early to our meeting point to go back to London together.
– You are responsible for your personal safety and your belongings at all times.
– Details of our trip may be changed to ensure that our trip runs smoothly, so you should check this event description and the updates section regularly, before and during the trip.
– You should buy your own travel insurance.
– There are no refunds unless we cancel the trip, and places are non-transferable.
– As an organised group we can currently run day trips and hikes with up to 30 people.
– We are still required to follow the governments Covid restrictions and this currently means we must stay in groups of maximum 6 and we must maintain social distancing from others at all times. You are personally responsible so please stay aware of this. This applies at the stations, on the trains, and also when we're outside.
– So as you arrive at our meeting point in the morning, we'll get you into a group of 6 and then ask your group to wait slightly away from the meeting point.
– We'll allow a bit of distance between each group as we board the train, and you should follow social distancing rules on the train.
– Please bring and wear a face mask in the stations and on the trains, and bring your own hand sanitiser gel and use this regularly throughout the day.
WHAT TO BRING:
– CLOTHING: It's always good to be prepared so we'd recommend always wearing footwear that is comfortable and supportive and suitable for walking/hiking on all terrain. The weather can change so bring some extra warm layers, a waterproof jacket, a hat and sunglasses, and it can be helpful to carry it in a light bag or rucksack.
– FOOD & DRINK: Bring a large bottle of water, and for hikes you should bring a packed lunch as we may have lunch somewhere scenic and away from shops.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By purchasing a place on this trip and/or attending, you and each of your guests, as applicable, confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions. Click here to read these: https://ukexplorers.co.uk/terms/
COME WITH US:
Come with us as we go on another grand day out. It’s your chance to get out of London, enjoy a well-deserved break, discover this new place, see the famous and historic sights, try some local foods, take photos of your experiences, meet lots of wonderful guys and girls, and make some good friends. Book your place now to join us on a fantastic day out!
Places available - book now!
BOOK YOUR PLACE: