£20.00Distance: 16km Difficulty: Easy Ascent: 160m
DATE:Saturday 19 February 2022
Add to Google Calendar
HIKING DIFFICULTY:Distance: 16km.
CATEGORIES:Bridge, Castle, Church, Countryside, Hike, Hills, History, River, Royalty, Town, Villages, Country houses, Animals
COST:This amazing trip costs £20.00 .
WHAT'S INCLUDED: This includes the well-organised trip with all of the logistics and route planned, 2-way transport, and some awesome hike buddies.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED: We don't normally go inside buildings or attractions that charge an entry fee unless stated in the "Extra Activity Costs" section below.
EXTRA ACTIVITY COSTS:No extra activity costs.
HIGHLIGHTS:– Enjoy a beautiful stroll through the Garden of England.
– Walk past 2 castles, a stately home, woods, hills and lovely villages.
– Explore Chiddingstone, one of the most beautiful and oldest villages in Kent, perfectly preserved, and the best example of a Tudor village left in England.
– Visit the unspoilt village of Penshurst, situated in beautiful Weald countryside.
DEPARTURE:MEETING TIME: 08:30 . We'll leave the departure point after 5 mins so you must arrive well before then.
MEETING LOCATION: Paperchase, London Bridge Station
MAP: [Google Maps] [Citymapper]
RETURN TO LONDON:ARRIVAL TIME: 18:00
ARRIVAL LOCATION: Same as departure location. Note that we have group tickets and you need to return with us to the departure location.
TRIP UPDATES:No updates.
NOTE:– Check the Transport For London website (https://tfl.gov.uk) for details of any issues on the public transport network on this date, and use the journey planner to find the best way to arrive at our morning meeting point on time.
– You are responsible for your personal safety and your belongings at all times.
– Details of our trip may be changed to ensure that our trip runs smoothly, so you should check this event description and the updates section regularly, before coming on the trip and also during the trip if you break away from the group.
– You should buy your own travel insurance.
– There are no refunds unless we cancel the trip, and places are non-transferable.
COVID-19 SAFETY:– As an organised group we can currently run day trips and hikes with up to 30 people.
– We are still required to follow Covid rules and restrictions laid down by the government, the NHS, the transport companies, and the places we visit. You are personally responsible so please stay aware of this.
– Please bring and wear a face mask where appropriate, maintain social distancing, and bring your own hand sanitiser gel and use this regularly throughout the day.
WHAT TO BRING:– CLOTHING: It's always good to be prepared so we'd recommend always wearing footwear that is comfortable and supportive and suitable for walking/hiking on all terrain. The weather can change so bring some extra warm layers, a waterproof jacket, a hat and sunglasses, and it can be helpful to carry it in a light bag or rucksack.
– FOOD & DRINK: Bring a large bottle of water, and for hikes you should bring a packed lunch as we may have lunch somewhere scenic and away from shops.