DATE & TIME:
Sunday 26 September 2021 @ 08:50
Add to Google Calendar
Church, Countryside, Hike, Hills, Nature reserve, Panoramic views, Town, Villages
This amazing trip costs £29.00 . If you book at least 10 days early then there's a small discount.
This includes the well-organised trip with all of the logistics and route planned, 2-way transport, and some awesome travel buddies to make good friends.
EXTRA ACTIVITY COSTS:
No extra activity costs.
– Explore Haslemere, which in Tudor and Stuart times was a centre for the iron industry.
– Climb to the top of Black Down, the highest point in Sussex and the South Downs National Park, and also one of the highest points in south east England.
– Follow the Serpent Trail, which showcases the outstanding landscape of the South Downs National Park.
– See wildlife, purple heather, green woods, dwarf forests and golden valleys of the Sussex greensand hills.
Pret A Manger, opposite platform 12, Waterloo Station
Map & directions: https://goo.gl/maps/YRPropQnZpyG4bHz5
# 8.50am – We’re meeting outside the Pret A Manger coffee shop opposite platform 12 in Waterloo Station. Click here for Google Map.
# 8.55am – We’ll leave the meeting point to board the train. You must arrive well before this time.
# 10.35am – We’ll arrive and will begin our hike.
# 1.15pm – Lunch break. Please bring a packed lunch with you. If the weather isn’t great then we’ll have a pub lunch.
# 2.15pm – We’ll continue the hike.
# 5.15pm – We’ll take the train back to London.
# 6.20pm – We’ll arrive back at Waterloo station in London.
– Check the Transport For London website (https://tfl.gov.uk) for details of any issues on the public transport network on this date, and use the journey planner to find the best way to arrive at our morning meeting point on time.
– This is an informal trip and you are free to go wherever you want. Just ensure that in the afternoon you arrive early to our meeting point to go back to London together.
– You are responsible for your personal safety and your belongings at all times.
– Details of our trip may be changed to ensure that our trip runs smoothly, so you should check this event description and the updates section regularly, before and during the trip.
– You should buy your own travel insurance.
– There are no refunds unless we cancel the trip, and places are non-transferable.
– As an organised group we can currently run day trips and hikes with up to 30 people.
– We are still required to follow the governments Covid restrictions and this currently means we must stay in groups of maximum 6 and we must maintain social distancing from others at all times. You are personally responsible so please stay aware of this. This applies at the stations, on the trains, and also when we're outside.
– So as you arrive at our meeting point in the morning, we'll separate you so you're waiting in groups of 6.
– You should follow social distancing rules on the train.
– Please bring and wear a face mask in the stations and on the trains, and bring your own hand sanitiser gel and use this regularly throughout the day.
WHAT TO BRING:
– CLOTHING: It's always good to be prepared so we'd recommend always wearing footwear that is comfortable and supportive and suitable for walking/hiking on all terrain. The weather can change so bring some extra warm layers, a waterproof jacket, a hat and sunglasses, and it can be helpful to carry it in a light bag or rucksack.
– FOOD & DRINK: Bring a large bottle of water, and for hikes you should bring a packed lunch as we may have lunch somewhere scenic and away from shops.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By purchasing a place on this trip and/or attending, you and each of your guests, as applicable, confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions. Click here to read these: https://ukexplorers.co.uk/terms/
COME WITH US:
Come with us as we go on another grand day out. It’s your chance to get out of London, enjoy a well-deserved break, discover this new place, see the famous and historic sights, try some local foods, take photos of your experiences, meet lots of wonderful guys and girls, and make some good friends. Book your place now to join us on a fantastic day out!
Places available - book now!
BOOK YOUR PLACE: