£22.00Distance: 24km Difficulty: medium Ascent: 514m
DATE:Saturday 29 January 2022
Add to Google Calendar
HIKING DIFFICULTY:Distance: 24km.
Difficulty: medium – long hike that goes over the South Downs hills.
Terrain: grass, chalk, stone & concrete paths.
CATEGORIES:Beach, Bridge, Church, City, Coast, Countryside, Gardens, Hike, Hills, Monument, Nature reserve, Panoramic views, Park, Pier, Sea, Villages, Country houses, Animals, Windmill
COST:This amazing trip costs £22.00 .
WHAT'S INCLUDED: This includes the well-organised trip with all of the logistics and route planned, 2-way transport, and some awesome hike buddies.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED: We don't normally go inside buildings or attractions that charge an entry fee unless stated in the "Extra Activity Costs" section below.
EXTRA ACTIVITY COSTS:No extra activity costs.
HIGHLIGHTS:– Visit the beautiful Ditchling Village with its 11th century church and ancient buildings
– Conquer Ditchling Beacon, the highest point in East Sussex with an elevation of 248m.
– Hike through the South Downs National Park which is England’s newest national park, stretching from Winchester to Eastbourne.
– Explore the village of Stanmer, with a working farm at its centre, and a “closed village” from the 16th century until 1952, being owned by the Pelham family.
– See Stanmer House, a Palladium-style English country house built in 1722 and set in 5,000 acres of parkland.
– Follow the stunning views of the sea from Whitehawk Hill to Kemptown.
– Enjoy the vibrant culture of Brighton, which became a fashionable resort with the patronage of the Prince Regent (later King George IV) who constructed the iconic Regency palace, the Royal Pavilion.
DEPARTURE:MEETING TIME: 08:10 . We'll leave the departure point after 5 mins so you must arrive well before then.
MEETING LOCATION: Paperchase, London Bridge Station
MAP: [Google Maps] [Citymapper]
RETURN TO LONDON:ARRIVAL TIME: 19:15
ARRIVAL LOCATION: Same as departure location. Note that we have group tickets and you need to return with us to the departure location.
TRIP UPDATES:No updates.
NOTE:– Check the Transport For London website (https://tfl.gov.uk) for details of any issues on the public transport network on this date, and use the journey planner to find the best way to arrive at our morning meeting point on time.
– You are responsible for your personal safety and your belongings at all times.
– Details of our trip may be changed to ensure that our trip runs smoothly, so you should check this event description and the updates section regularly, before coming on the trip and also during the trip if you break away from the group.
– You should buy your own travel insurance.
– There are no refunds unless we cancel the trip, and places are non-transferable.
COVID-19 SAFETY:– As an organised group we can currently run day trips and hikes with up to 30 people.
– We are still required to follow Covid rules and restrictions laid down by the government, the NHS, the transport companies, and the places we visit. You are personally responsible so please stay aware of this.
– Please bring and wear a face mask where appropriate, maintain social distancing, and bring your own hand sanitiser gel and use this regularly throughout the day.
WHAT TO BRING:– CLOTHING: It's always good to be prepared so we'd recommend always wearing footwear that is comfortable and supportive and suitable for walking/hiking on all terrain. The weather can change so bring some extra warm layers, a waterproof jacket, a hat and sunglasses, and it can be helpful to carry it in a light bag or rucksack.
– FOOD & DRINK: Bring a large bottle of water, and for hikes you should bring a packed lunch as we may have lunch somewhere scenic and away from shops.