DATE & TIME:
Sunday 30 May 2021 @ 09:15
Add to Google Calendar
Bridge, Castle, Church, City, City walls, Cobbled streets, Gardens, Guided tour, History, Market, Monument, Museums, Panoramic views, Punting, River, Royalty, Shopping, University
This amazing trip costs £34.00 . If you book at least 10 days early then there's a small discount.
This includes the well-organised trip with all of the logistics and route planned, 2-way transport, and some awesome travel buddies to make good friends.
EXTRA ACTIVITY COSTS:
In the free time in the afternoon, you can go inside the university colleges, attractions and Harry Potter locations. Some of these places are free to enter and some have a small entrance fee.
Oxford, the ‘city of dreaming spires’ is steeped in a rich and fascinating history. Famous for it’s prestigious Oxford University and its 38 colleges, and for over 800 years it has been home to royalty and many notable scholars. The Radcliffe Camera, Bodleian Library and Bridge of Sighs make up just a few of the famous picturesque buildings of Oxford. Its charming scenery has been the inspiration for many, including Lewis Carroll and J.R.R Tolkien, and there are many recognisable scenes from popular films such as Harry Potter.
– See the birthplace of Richard the Lionheart and Bad King John, the king who was forced to sign the Magna Carta, the first human rights document.
– Have a drink in the pub where CS Lewis and JRR Tolkein used to meet every week.
– Visit the Ashmolean Museum and its world famous collections.
– Walk through the Harry Potter dining room at Christ Church, and see other Harry Potter connections.
– Walk under the Bridge of Sighs, resembling the famous Bridge of Sighs in Venice.
– Visit some of the beautiful colleges of Oxford University.
– See the spectacular Radcliffe Camera building and the Bodleian Library.
– Visit the Alice In Wonderland shop.
– Climb to the top of the University Church of St Mary the Virgin and see the magnificent panorama of the university buildings and the city.
Pret A Manger, Platform 1, Paddington Station
Map & directions: https://goo.gl/maps/xrurQhyj6qA2
# 9.15am – We’re meeting at Paddington rail station, by the Pret A Manger coffee shop by platform 1. Address: 26, Platform 1, Paddington Station, London W2 1HB. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/xrurQhyj6qA2
# 9.20am – We’ll leave the meeting point to board the train. You must arrive well before this time.
# 10.40am – We’ll arrive in Oxford and will have a guided walk around the sights.
# 1.30pm – Lunch break.
# 2.30pm – In the afternoon you can go to see some of the university’s colleges, visit the castle, explore the Harry Potter locations, explore some interesting attractions, museums, and places.
# 6.10pm Meet by the M&S Simply Food store inside Oxford rail station. Address: Cripley Road Oxford Rail Stn Unit 1, 188 Maidstone Road, Oxford, OX1 1HS. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/6jwoJ9Eyi97QnrnDA
# 6.30pm Train departs.
# 7.30pm – We’ll arrive back at Paddington Station in London.
– Check the Transport For London website (https://tfl.gov.uk) for details of any issues on the public transport network on this date, and use the journey planner to find the best way to arrive at our morning meeting point on time.
– This is an informal trip and you are free to go wherever you want. Just ensure that in the afternoon you arrive early to our meeting point to go back to London together.
– You are responsible for your personal safety and your belongings at all times.
– Details of our trip may be changed to ensure that our trip runs smoothly, so you should check this event description and the updates section regularly, before and during the trip.
– You should buy your own travel insurance.
– There are no refunds unless we cancel the trip, and places are non-transferable.
– As an organised group we can currently run day trips and hikes with up to 30 people.
– We are still required to follow the governments Covid restrictions and this currently means we must stay in groups of maximum 6 and we must maintain social distancing from others at all times. You are personally responsible so please stay aware of this. This applies at the stations, on the trains, and also when we're outside.
– So as you arrive at our meeting point in the morning, we'll get you into a group of 6 and then ask your group to wait slightly away from the meeting point.
– We'll allow a bit of distance between each group as we board the train, and you should follow social distancing rules on the train.
– Please bring and wear a face mask in the stations and on the trains, and bring your own hand sanitiser gel and use this regularly throughout the day.
WHAT TO BRING:
– CLOTHING: It's always good to be prepared so we'd recommend always wearing footwear that is comfortable and supportive and suitable for walking/hiking on all terrain. The weather can change so bring some extra warm layers, a waterproof jacket, a hat and sunglasses, and it can be helpful to carry it in a light bag or rucksack.
– FOOD & DRINK: Bring a large bottle of water, and for hikes you should bring a packed lunch as we may have lunch somewhere scenic and away from shops.
7km walk around the sights.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By purchasing a place on this trip and/or attending, you and each of your guests, as applicable, confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions. Click here to read these: https://ukexplorers.co.uk/terms/
COME WITH US:
Come with us as we go on another grand day out. It’s your chance to get out of London, enjoy a well-deserved break, discover this new place, see the famous and historic sights, try some local foods, take photos of your experiences, meet lots of wonderful guys and girls, and make some good friends. Book your place now to join us on a fantastic day out!
Places available - book now!
BOOK YOUR PLACE: