DATE & TIME:Saturday 24 August 2019 @ 08:00
Add to Google Calendar
CATEGORIES:Guided tour,Hike,Countryside,Coast and sea,Beach,Cliffs,Hills,Nature reserve,River,Town,Lighthouse,Pier
DEPARTURE:Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith, London
Map & directions: https://goo.gl/maps/3RF2wXF9ge5VQKre6
Cost:This amazing trip costs £ 35.00 . If you book at least 10 days early then there's a small discount.
HIGHLIGHTS:– 2-way transport by private coach. – Well-organised day trip. – Lots of travel buddies and chance to make good friends. – Guided tour and hike of the Seven Sisters Country Park and cliffs. – Walk beside the Cuckmere River, following it down to the Coastguard Cottages. – Hike up and along the chalk cliffs that took many thousands of years to form. – Take stunning selfies with the famous white cliffs and the blue sea. – Enjoy a nice lunch at the Birling Gap National Trust cafe. – See the beautiful Beachy Head lighthouse with its red and white stripes. – Relax on the beach at Eastbourne, the sunniest place in the UK. – Free time to explore Eastbourne, try some local foods, buy souvenirs, take photos.
We’re going on a hike over the Seven Sisters cliffs.
Join us for the most amazing coastal walk in the south east of England, from the Seven Sisters Country Park, past the Coastguard Cottages in Seaford, over the famous white cliffs at Seven Sisters with breathtaking views across the coast, past Birling Gap and the Belle Tout Lighthouse, and over to the beauty spot of Beachy Head, and finally into the seaside town of Eastbourne which is the sunniest place in the UK.
The Seven Sisters cliffs are made from chalk that formed underneath the sea millions of years ago, and shaped by glacial melting during the last ice age and more recent sea erosion. As the cliffs crumble, the chalk reveals fossils from the prehistoric sea floor.
We’re going by coach, leaving from near Hammersmith station, and places are limited. It’s £35 each for the well-organised trip, 2-way travel, payment fees, hike and guided tour, and a chance to make lots of good friends. When you RSVP for this event you will need to pay online as we need to book the coach in advance and need to manage numbers.
– Bank card.
– PayPal (free to send money from your bank account or credit/debit card).
– You can ask your friends or family to pay for you online.
– Bank transfer (message us to arrange this).
– Cash at one of our weekly events (message us to arrange this).
If you have any questions or need help with your payment then post a comment on this event page and we can help you in your native language.
# 8am – We’re meeting outside the Eventim Apollo building. The address is: 45 Queen Caroline St, Hammersmith, London, W6 9QH. It’s just outside Hammersmith tube station. Map: http://goo.gl/maps/tEk28 . You should arrive early here so we can check you off the guest list, and you have time to get a coffee, use toilets, meet everyone, and board the coach before it leaves.
# 8.20am – Coach departs.
# 11.15am – We’ll begin our hike from the Seven Sisters Country Park in Seaford, then we’ll walk over the Seven Sisters cliffs, past Birling Gap, the Belle Tout Lighthouse, Beachy Head, and finish at Eastbourne.
# 2pm – We’ll take a short break at Birling Gap for food and toilets. We’ll be near the picnic benches outside the National Trust Cafe. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/HMAKEPXQeJM2
# 4.55pm – We’re meeting outside All Saints Chapel (Wedding Venue), 22 Darley Rd, Eastbourne, BN20 7GE. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/MUBEZVEDJrD2 . This is where the coach will pick us up from. Please arrive at the meeting point early so you have time to find it and board the coach before it leaves.
# 5.10pm – Coach departs.
# 8pm – We’ll arrive back in London near Piccadilly Circus. Then we’ll go for food and drinks nearby. Bring your government photo ID for entry into the venue. 🙂
– This is an informal trip and you are free to go wherever you want. Just ensure that you arrive early to our afternoon meeting point to get the coach back to London.
– Be sure to only walk on established public paths.
– Stay away from wildlife.
– If you are struggling with the hike then you can take a bus or taxi at your own expense to our meeting point in Eastbourne.
– In case of an emergency you can post a comment on this meetup event to alert the group leader, although be aware that this may not be received as mobile signal is not good around there.
CLIFFS – DANGER:
These cliffs are soft chalk cliffs that are crumbling and fall regularly, and without fences. And there can be strong winds blowing. For your safety, stay at least 5 metres away from the cliff edges. There are plenty of good opportunities for beautiful photos without risking your life.
HIKING ROUTE INFO:
Distance: 18 km (11 miles)
Walking time: 5.5 hours
WHAT TO BRING:
– Waterproof and windproof clothes, extra socks, and hiking shoes are recommended. Bring a couple of extra layers just in case.
– A rucksack.
– Plenty of food and water (around 2 litres). Note that once we leave London there won’t be any shops, so buy food and water beforehand.
– Sunglasses and sun cream.
– It’s always smart to pack some emergency stuff: first aid kit, whistle, torch.
– Portable charger for your mobile.
– Some cash in case you need to drop out and take a bus or taxi to Eastbourne.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By purchasing a place on this trip and/or attending, you and each of your guests, as applicable, confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions. Click here to read these: https://goo.gl/6XZBhv
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW:
Come with us as we go on another grand day out. It’s your chance to get out of London, enjoy a well-deserved break, discover this new place, see the famous and historic sights, try some local foods, take photos of your experience, meet lots of wonderful guys and girls 18-40, and make some good friends. Book your place now to join us on a fantastic day out!